Sunday, November 2, 2008

I'm glad we're not poor.

I had a craving to bake.  So bake I did.  A chocolate sheet cake that has enough calories for 99 people.  My first attempt at this wasn't so much to my liking.  So, I wanted another chance to love this cake because just about everyone that's made it has.
The second time wasn't a charm.  Although the family loved it, I guess I'm just not going to be its biggest fan.  A enjoyed it so much.  His gratitude went something like this:

Me:  I don't think this is going to taste like before or if it will even taste better.

A:  I'm sure it's going to be good.  Everything you make tastes good.  

(A taking his first bite)

A: Oh my gosh, Mama!  This is the best!  I think it's even better than last time.

Me: Aw, Thanks! (My heart does the happy dance.)

(A takes more bites)

A: I'm glad we're not poor.

Me: What made you say that?

A:  I was just thinking about this book I read that had some sisters that were poor.  I can't remember the title. They couldn't afford anything.

Me: What's the rest of the story about then?

A: (Proceeds to tell me the story which sounds like Little Women)

Me: Aw, that's a sad and happy story. (My brain has come up with a brilliant beyond brilliant idea to make the most out of the situation.)

Me: I want our family or just you and me to do more charity work for the holidays.  Tell me what you think of this one idea.  How about you make your Christmas wishlist and from that list pick one item that you'd like to donate instead of receiving.  Will you do it?

A: Sure!  I can list down Barbie doll house and pick the Barbie doll house to donate.  (Cracking himself up.)
    
I am a proud mom.  I should bake more often.

No comments: